This post features Kesha and her appropriation of Native American culture.
As someone who is not Native American, I don’t feel I am prepared to talk about it myself. Here is some reading you can do on other websites:
- Native Appropriations – Not Again, Ke$ha.
- femonomics – Ke$ha finds a new way to do blackface, and I hope I’m not the only one who’s appalled
- Native Appropriations – Ke$ha, the headdress, and a trend that won’t go away
- Socialistexan – So I’m getting kind of annoyed at the Ke$ha post I see everyone on my dash reblogging.
- Newspaper Rock – What’s so wrong about Kesha?
I would post my own thoughts, but with the links above I don’t think it’s necessary. Also, I feel like it’s too far removed from anything I know. I don’t want to speak over actual Native American people or people who have a better perspective on her appropriation than me.